Fire Bell 1879
This fire bell has been an important part of downtown Thorold since it was erected in 1879 to the Old Fire Hall on Albert St. West. It was purchased in 1878 from the Meneely Bell Company of Troy, New York, a foundry which was responsible for nearly a century, for producing thousands of bells used by civic and religious authorities throughout North America. The bell has been an emblem and important part of the history of Thorold and of the Protection Hose Co.
Map to the Bell
Click pin on map for directions.