Cross St., Port Robinson

Designed by the architect John Latshaw, this red brick school house was built at a cost of $1,250 (with an additional $56 later being paid to make the walls two feet higher) to replace the wooden school that then occupied the adjacent lot. It served as a school from 1863 until 1919. It is noteworthy because of its multi-panelled round window in the front gable, enclosed portico, and arched, double-hung windows. The roof line is accentuated by large finials and a fluted corbelled chimney. Originally it featured a cupola which housed a brass bell, which is still in the building along with the round window. A modern concrete block addition is on the east side. It now serves as the Port Robinson Community Centre.

For description and images of other designated properties, please click links below.

Designated Properties

Allanburg Heritage Oak Tree
Allanburg United Church
Allanburg Village Cemetery

Beaverdams Burying Grounds

Beaverdams Methodist Church & Graveyard

Beckett’s Reserve, Duncan McFarland House,
Stephen Beatty House

Calcott-Walker House

Camp House

Carl, Misener, Bald Cemetery

Carnegie Library

Carr-Millar-McMillan Block
Carroll-Tracy House
Carter-Holland House

Chestnut Hall

Constable House

Decew Young House

Decou House Monument

Dobbie House
Dominion Government Building
East Side School Bell
Fire Bell

First Presbyterian Church

Flannery House
Fraser-McMann House
George Bouk House

Grenville House

Griffiths House
Kennedy-Ward House
L.G. Lorriman/Central School
Lynch House
Macartney Drug Store

Memorial Park

Millar House
Millstone - Welland Mills

Moore-Lampman House
Munro House
O'Brien House
Old Firehall
Port Robinson Brick School

Quebec Bank

Robert Elliot House

Ross House

St. Andrews Presbyterian Church

Sir Edward Beatty House

Stewart House

The Stone Store

Trinity United Church
War Memorial

Welland Canal 2nd River Lock

Welland Mills