CARROLL-TRACY HOUSE c.1865
14 Carleton St. N.

The date of construction of this house is unknown. Although 1810 is the date assumed in Tracy family tradition, research and architectural details suggest it was built in the 3rd quarter of the 19th century. The house is of Georgian architectural style. It has an ashlar (cut stone) front and rubble stone sides. The straight rows of stone and narrow bands of mortar are suggestive of the work of Scottish stone masons. Throughout the house, holes and thimbles for stove pipes give evidence of the era when it was heated by wood- burning stoves. A kitchen wing was added around the 1850s. Members of the Tracy family owned this house for 102 years.

For description and images of other designated properties, please click links below.

Designated Properties

Allanburg Heritage Oak Tree
Allanburg United Church
Allanburg Village Cemetery

Beaverdams Burying Grounds

Beaverdams Methodist Church & Graveyard

Beckett’s Reserve, Duncan McFarland House,
Stephen Beatty House

Calcott-Walker House

Camp House

Carl, Misener, Bald Cemetery

Carnegie Library

Carr-Millar-McMillan Block
Carroll-Tracy House
Carter-Holland House

Chestnut Hall

Constable House

Decew Young House

Decou House Monument

Dobbie House
Dominion Government Building
East Side School Bell
Fire Bell

First Presbyterian Church

Flannery House
Fraser-McMann House
George Bouk House

Grenville House

Griffiths House
Kennedy-Ward House
L.G. Lorriman/Central School
Lynch House
Macartney Drug Store
Maplehurst

Memorial Park

Millar House
Millstone - Welland Mills

Moore-Lampman House
Munro House
O'Brien House
Old Firehall
Port Robinson Brick School

Quebec Bank

Robert Elliot House

Ross House

St. Andrews Presbyterian Church

Sir Edward Beatty House

Stewart House

The Stone Store

Trinity United Church
War Memorial

Welland Canal 2nd River Lock

Welland Mills